Secrets Can Kill Remastered is the remastered version of the first Nancy Drew adventure game Secrets Can Kill by Her Interactive. It was released on August 24, 2010 in honor of Nancy Drew's 80th anniversary.
While visiting her Aunt Eloise in Florida, Nancy learns that a high school student named Jake Rogers has been murdered at the local high school, Paseo del Mar, where her aunt is a librarian. An undercover police detective hires Nancy to solve the case.
- Jake Rogers: An unpopular high school student who was found murdered at the bottom of stairs at the high school.
- Connie Watson: A tough girl who practices Judo. She is the Hall Monitor.
- Hector "Hulk" Sanchez: A high school jock who's been a champion football player for the last four years.
- Daryl Grey: The student body president and a waiter at Maxine's Diner.
- Hal Tanaka: An exchange student from Japan who is trying to become a doctor.
- Detective Beech: Nancy's undercover police contact.
- Mitch Dillon: Mitch is the school's boiler serviceman and is not seen in the game.
- Eloise Drew: Nancy's aunt and Paseo del Mar High School's librarian.
- Nancy Drew -- Lani Minella
- Jake Rogers -- Alex Yopp
- Connie Watson -- Brenda Joyner
- Hector 'Hulk' Sanchez -- Daniel Guttenberg
- Daryl Gray -- Ulric Dihle
- Ned Nickerson -- Scott Carty
- Hal Tanaka -- John Truong
- Detective Beech -- Chris Maxfield
- Mitch Dillon -- Simon Choule
As in all Nancy Drew games, if the player makes a fatal error, the game will offer a second chance, and the game will reset to the point right before the error was made. Here are the different ways to get fired/die in this game.
- Entering three incorrect combinations into Aunt Eloise's safe.
- Setting off the soda machine alarm when Connie is there.
- Not fixing the boiler in time and getting blown up.
- Taking the bolt cutters from Maxine's without replacing it with the ladle and setting the diner on fire.
- Failing to trap the culprit in the end and getting pistol-whipped.
The game was released as pre-order on August 11, 2010. It was released in stores and online on August 24, 2010.